Strategic Communications and Public Relations Internship
Internship Program Description:
- Assist to identify, plan, and implement new communications, marketing, and promotional campaign strategies
- Support efforts to launch and build international programming and partnerships
- Participate in weekly writing assignments for publication on website
- Maintain Short Enterprises profiles on social media and networking websites
- Write, design, and coordinate distribution of Short Enterprises product and service marketing materials
- Conduct market research on products, competitors, and effective marketing tactics
- Support other Short Enterprises teams and organization activities as assigned
- Support Short Enterprises team in development and implementation of lead generation strategy for identifying and vetting business prospects
Preferred Skills and Relevant Experience:
- Marketing savvy, creativity and forward thinking
- Social media/networking website user
- Written and verbal communication
- Research and competitive analysis
- Organization and attention to detail
- Customer service and good phone etiquette
- Familiar with Microsoft Office programs
- Graphic design and basic HTML knowledge is helpful but not required
Required Credit and Preferred Majors:
- Our internship program is unpaid and for college credit only. Preferred majors include Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, English, and Journalism.
Hours and Location:
- Our internship program schedule is flexible to meet the needs of each student. Weekly office hours may range from 10 to 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
- Short Enterprises Global is currently located in the Near Westside of Syracuse, New York, within walking distance of multiple Connective Corridor bus route stops.
About Short Enterprises Global:
- We are an award-winning interdisciplinary public affairs, relations, and development consulting firm with a proven track record of spearheading dynamic public-private partnerships, guiding complex high profile development efforts, assisting in the launch of new ventures and initiatives, and advancing sustainable solutions in order to create and build both social and economic value for our many partners, collaborators, and clients. The firm utilizes an interdisciplinary approach that leverages organizational support services, public relations and communications, strategy innovation, economic development, business consulting, community development, real estate analysis, and market intelligence. Short Enterprises works with social enterprises, real estate developers, commercial property owners, public agencies, community & economic developers, colleges & universities, small businesses, as well as non-profit organizations.
- Please complete the following form and we will follow-up with you within 7-10 business days.
- No phone calls please.